Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Introvert Awakening Part 3, S.M. Bjarnson

"I try to find reason. I try to escape the clutches and handcuffs of performing for the mediocre of men. But there is a troubling silence I cannot evade and my visions take me home to a better place. A place I cannot achieve or remember how to find. In a swift movement the leaves on the branches flinch for attention. Flutters of the wind bring my eyesight to the reflection of the blue sky. Nature surrounds me and I want nothing more than to escape the definition of a paradise.

We were weak so weak. Too weak to survive but yet am the last one alive, leading a path I know not where it leads or where it began. All I see are footprints that do not belong to my size of feet. I somehow missed a step yet there is print perfectly placed as to keep my destination in perfect order.  I’m lost amongst the twigs of territory. Slaves to the ideas of modern man. I came from a historical nation that led me to believe I was special, that somewhere deep in my bones I had a talent to share, a gift to perform." S.M.B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment