Monday, May 5, 2014

Projects & Scheduling, S.M. Bjarnson

Warm wishes to on the 5th of May! Cinco de Mayo!
Projects & Scheduling 
We’ve all heard the banter and rants on how important it is to force on the aptitude of scheduling and making appropriate time frames for those said projects at hand! Well there is clarity in those remarks, and let us dive in and share some insight to those who plan and produce.
PASSION PERMEATES EVERYTHING
Since I’ve begun writing my novellas I try to write with passion as much as my weary mind will let me. I try to form schedules, but there is one response that I always hear; Creativity is not based in-between clock hours that you can write off as your 8:00-5:00 workday. It doesn’t work like that because as artists and dreamers we have the potential to deviate from the desired goal as much as our distractions and daily life take priority over those words to be written.
Scheduling, actually puts your projects into the calendar.
Giving dates for objectives.
I am lucky enough to be a stay at home mother. Which frees up a lot of extra time for me, in-between naps and feedings. I can concentrate on the present story at hand. Giving it my all with all the tiny moments I have alone to spread it across the vast pages. Here I have found tips to knuckling down to get your creative passion to work on your side when you see fit to use it.
My projects are the means and measurements for accomplishing my dreams and making them a reality.
So what perception, what angle do we try and cautiously assess the damage for putting our dreams and goals ahead of prior engagements?
List a few for good and positive writing potential.
·         Find a time to be alone for 1 hour and just write on command. (This helps progress yourself to form a better schedule in bringing the spontaneity of a story to present and taming it’s wild behavior.)
·         Have a notebook with you at all times, to jot down ideas or sentences referring to creative works in progress. (You never want to sit and wonder what that amazing storyline was if you can’t remember it.)
·         Read Continuously (This increases beautiful ideas all around your creative mind. Keep reading.)
·         Write until your fingers bleed. ( The truth is when you are bitten with the writing bug you should always take full advantage of that, because if you wait it out it will take someone else to be a host. I finished The Circus in Me, by staying up and typing until 4-5 a.m. Why? Because if I want my dreams to manifest I have to do the work to receive them.)
·         Believe in Yourself. (Self-explanatory)

S.M. Bjarnson

 (ALL Bold, Underlined, Green Sentences are in reference from the book Making Your Dreams Come True, by Marcia Weider)

No comments:

Post a Comment