Sunday, May 25, 2014

DIY PHOTO LAMP: BY MOMMY MOMENT

DIY Photo Lamp

Living in a small house I often find myself very short on wall space. I often have to take photos down and replace them with new ones before I am feeling ready to do so. Because of that, I’m always trying to find unique ways to display my pictures. Having already filled my fridge and made use of collage frames, I wanted to find some other way to display multiple pictures in a nice way. That’s when I came up with the coolest way display of all in my opinion… a photo lamp.
DIY Photo Lamp

DIY Photo Lamp


What you will need:
  • Tracing or velum paper
  • A printer
  • A lamp and lampshade
  • Scotch tape
  • Scissors or a paper trimmer
  • Photo editing or scrap booking software, even Microsoft Word would work if you don’t have any other program
DIY Photo Lamp supplies
In your editing program create a collage according to the dimensions of your lampshade and paper available.
Collage Preparation Tips
  • I highly recommend changing your photos to black and white to give a more elegant looking lamp, if your program doesn’t give you that option try changing your printer settings to print in black and white only.
  • Also, make sure to leave at least ½ and inch at the end so you can overlap the paper, some lamp shades may need 2-3 different papers to cover the length so in that case make sure to leave the space on both sides.
DIY Photo Lamp 2
After measuring your lamp, paper and designing your collage, cut the vellum or tracing paper accordingly to fit into your printer.
Print your collage onto the vellum or tracing paper, double check your placement and measurements and trim again if needed.
DIY Photo Lamp 3
Wrap your paper on the outside of the lampshade and tape into place.
Turn your lamp on and voila, a photo lamp!
DIY Photo Lamp Finished
Nadine is a stay at home mom/professional photographer from Winnipeg who specializes in children and newborn photography. You can see some of her work at www.allurebebe.com. She has 3 wonderful children Caleb 9, Amélie 7 and Leia 2 and has been married to her best friend for the past 10 years. Nadine loves photography, baking, reading, crafting, helping people and finding daily ways to teach all these loves to her children and others around her.

http://www.mommymoment.ca/2014/02/diy-photo-lamp.html

S.M.'s thoughts: This blog is one of my favorites! From recipes to crafts! This Canadian lady does it all! :) She is so inspiring to get my crafting gloves on! Check her stuff out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment