Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sneak Peek 8: The Circus in Me, by S.M. Bjarnson

Overjoyed to get under my covers. With a book stamped with my colony’s disapproval. I can hear my enforcer now, “Literature fills young mind’s with ideas that are not based on our beliefs or the beliefs of our God.” Fairytale romances, gave ideas to be something other than a domestic servant to future spouse.
Got me there, all I ever wished for was to be a servant. Take the pride, remove the dignity instilled in me. Be the commercial wife to these men whom I have no attachments to whatsoever. Sign me up for that parade, every day of my munificent life.
 Sarcasm, well that I’m still trying to figure out, let alone conquer. Humor I didn’t understand until the age of 18. The triplets at camp taught me blonde jokes, I didn’t understand how the color of your hair made you less intelligent. That was before I came to Idaho.
S.M. Bjarnson

No comments:

Post a Comment