Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sneak Peek 6 : The Circus in Me, by S.M. Bjarnson

“I will walk to your dorm.” Grabbing my jacket Briggs indulged in what people call gentlemanlike behavior.
Four wheeled automobile hummed downcast the street, creating goose bumps on the sleeves of my cover up. No intention to sail on home to visit old ma and pa, meant no regard for buying transportation. Everything was in basic walking distance. “Where do you live?” Look in opposing directions, checking clearance to walk across the street. Found wondering how much dedication for this specific stroll took.“Half a block or so.” Pointing at the absent air; no apartments in that direction. I became nervous, his smile remaining sweet.
Images of getting chopped up by a guy who denoted me the obscure Amish girl. Regret from knocking on my door becoming unbearable for Briggs.“Don’t worry, I’ve been here half the year. I think I know my way around.” Spooky music echoed off the pavement, our strides accord. I’ve been here 4 months and couldn’t fathom the name of this Christian college.


S.M. Bjarnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment