Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hula: A Love Story


Love Story-Hula

            Fuji, the mountain of Hula covered most of the land in Japan. Hula was a dream to me, it was like a religion when you danced its way. Great and wondrous she would cloud over the people in japan. Leaving the world to Aw in her amazement to glaze the nation of Japan. Fuji is the place where the world seemed to be at peace it seemed to be calm and one with everything around it. Hula is that feeling when you wake up and you know and believe it will be a wonderful day. The feeling of hope. Hope, it lies in the movements of the dance.
Day came and waved its sun beams unto my face. Today was a new and yesterday didn’t matter. I arose to the mirror where I found myself staring back. Black mid-length hair, brown eyes as almost black, Asian was feature that 1/4 of the had in genes. Smiled and walked away from the person I saw in the mirror, but did not remember I pulled on another grassed skirt and take a breath of cleansed air. Hula again today, Hula again tomorrow.
            I hula right, I hula left. I can hula all around. 
            There's something about' my hula, that I love.
            It’s an amazing feeling that the world has forgotten.
"Let's go swim with the mermaids, Lakea". "Trip, come on the mermaids have gone away from the islands". "No they are still here waiting for the people to come back again, do you remember the story of the mermaids Lakea?” "How they would lead the sailors with their beautiful singing, their words sweet and humble". Trip takes a couple steps beyond her, he begins to sing a song; a mermaid song. "The cherry blossoms seem to be embraced with a fire, the sailors hum the mermaid song. As we dance around. The mermaids come and whisper in the cold ears of sailors, they fall into a deep spell of enchantment overboard. The mermaids sweep them under into their depths of underwater gardens. Sing oh sing that sweet toxic rhythm. Turn around, turn around, and see the secret melody. Hear its words, feel the beat. Seek its individuality. You knew once, you knew twice you saw it all across the day.
            There was a certain love that encircled me when I danced the hula. It toke on a whole new meaning by love. I fell in love it was like a whole other meaning of my love hula.
Dreams are meant to be dreams to make us believe in something greater than our own realities.
When LOVE seeped into my heart, the world came to a slow. He saw me, he looked into my eyes and say my heart filling up with joy. Then he spoke so sweetly in his daring voice "I feel the same way, I always have since that day you danced the hula for me". He kissed my lips with such a precious kiss it was tender like just when the perfect ray of sun and you see your first love. It seemed that many times I glanced inside my locket of love and found that it echoed more than ever. I know pain too well. It comes and lingers around my heart. Mocking the temptations that are hidden in it. The love that is needed to be seen.

S.M. Bjarnson

P.S. I wrote this a while ago. I apologize for grammatical errors ans such. 




Photo Credit:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0X27fB-t0-OnTM&tbnid=GZ-76yox4VloHM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.art.com%2Fproducts%2Fp15356837-sa-i3721395%2Falan-houghton-swaying-skirt-hawaiian-hula-dancer.htm&ei=QTwNU__eG8XuoASH74CQCQ&bvm=bv.61965928,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNFyhHeye53OB-hFSx0l8cclP9kMAg&ust=1393462679552344 




No comments:

Post a Comment