Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What's Wrong with You? by, S.M. Bjarnson

There was a random but infinite thought that slowly drifted across my mind the other day, as I sat and sputtered off about the desperate attempt to write and fail every word spoken. So then I figured and questioned, what was wrong? With me, the story line, the characters, why wasn't it all fitting in like it usuall
y did? And then there came over me a great silence...for weeks, for days, hours, minutes, until a couple days ago I had found myself on the verge of (quitting) doubting my abilities as a writer to surpass those fictional phobias of mine. SO what do you do when the story you start to write turns around to be a misshaped lie almost? Well, Here I have found the cure, if not the solution to the noneducational problem we as authors are faced with. 
Firstly, take a break and look at your potential story, book from a new angle, whether it be from the readers perspective or those opinions of your most trusted colleagues. 
Second, Revision, re-edit, rewrite. 
Thirdly, and probably most importantly accept that changing crucial if not major things in the timeline of your outline, is necessary and for the better and bigger picture. 
No wonder it wasn't working and you kept struggling because there was something that needed taken out, before the finale was written. -S.M. Bjarnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment