Sunday, August 17, 2014

Self-Publishing Vs. Traditional Stories, Keep on Believing! - S.M. Bjarnson



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3yzGlrmoxQ

Please read the below text, I am a far better writer than speaker. So, here is a quick 5min video (okay, so not quick) about my thoughts on the Self-Publishing world, Vs. Traditional books and keeping the belief in yourself alive! Hope you all enjoy and have a great day! By the way, I left a passage if you can't formally understand what I am trying to get across! -S.M.B.

"When I started out nobody thought I was worth it. Being a self-published author you receive that reputation of not being worth much. But, I feel my words meant something, at least to me and I knew there were individuals out there that could and would be transformed by what I had spoken in my books. Lastly, I wanted to reach people I normally wouldn't be able to if I there were to be big named somebodies printed on the jacket of my book cover. 
First thought to start off the trial topic, is there books from the big time publishers that you find somewhat revolting and almost question to yourself what the flipping HELL? How did this ever get published? 

Many large publishing companies nowadays often wonder why there is a decrease in submitter's, while the self-publishing world grows daily and transforms limits into something respectable. Why? I will give you insight on why, is it the control or the royalties? The affirmation that we have the power over our books and where they go and who in choice are getting read by. 

The Publishers do not hear our tiny voices screaming and saying give me a chance, vote on me, I can be that best seller! They take risks, when you show that you are accountable for the consequences. They eagerly give recognition to Palo Alto Stories, by James Franco & Jay Asher's 13 Reasons Why. First off Franco, I thought college degrees emphasized knowledge and catered to in-depth and intellectual conversions as an author. All I found myself doing was squinting, (a lot more than usual) and having authentic commentary going on in my head along the lines of is this actually getting worse?

Is it the names or the faces that are getting published in the 21st century?

When did it become acceptable to demoralize women, not even adult women, but young adolescent girls in such a way? The characters who are being violated in such a way do not even get retribution. At least in the ACCLAIMED & NOTEWORTHY NOVEL THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, inflicts the type of revenge and punishment that is deserving to the predator.

Jay Asher, what were you thinking? I ask this because you wrote a novel not only condoning a depressed girl's antedote to release previous pain, but you wrote a book that teenage girls will read and feel that it is acceptable to place blame where blame does not mandate!

So for all you self-published authors, keep on keeping on, because one day we will rise as the majority of book publishing. Because we have the power and belief to become and evolve into more. 

Marianne Williamson quotes, "and no one will listen to us unless we listen to ourselves." 

Are we listening? Does anyone ever sit in the silence and listen to what needs to be heard anymore? Have our ambitions if not instincts gone mute in this day and age from society's white noise have we become followers instead of leaders? The mass majority is just that a mass. Have we been living a tremendous lie for all the wrong reasons? 

Be the change you wish to see in the world! -SO I WILL BE

All you need is some person to be on your side, believe in your tactic. I'll be that person. I will believe in your dreams, appreciate your goals and support your projects. Just make sure to return the favor and believe in someone else! Complete the circle and the wishful whims of authors everywhere!

Will you stand by my side? -S.M. Bjarnson

No comments:

Post a Comment